International Research Conference «Korean Diaspora: the Issue of Identity»
On 25-27 of September, 2014 International Research Conference "Korean Diaspora: the Issue of Identity" dedicated to the 150th Anniversary of the resettlement of Koreans in Russia will be held at Tomsk State University.
The project’s aim is to effectively explore, with the involvement of researchers and teaching staff, the best Russian and international research and methodological achievements in the study of problems and specificities of the Korean diaspora’s current development.
The project’s tasks:
- To combine efforts of Russian and international scholars studying problems of identity of Korean diaspora.
- To exchange experience between scholars and representatives of Korean diaspora.
- To apply the acquired knowledge in order to generate new ideas, projects and creative teams.
Sections to be carried out:
- The history and culture of the Korean peninsula’s states;
- The policy and economy of the Korean peninsula’s states;
- The problem of keeping national identity: Korean and world experience;
- Korean diaspora facing the challenges of the XXI century;
- Koryo-saram: 150 years of being with Russia;
- Koreans in the post-Soviet space.
Papers will be published in the conference proceedings. To participate in the Conference, please e-mail us your application (see the relevant form attached) and your paper - formatted in accordance with the instructions provided below - in one of the working languages of the Conference (Russian, English, Korean) to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com no later than June 13th, 2014.
For more information about conferece see information latter.