Influence of Hellenism on Contemporary Science, Culture, and Education
In the framework of Greece and Russia’s Joint Year 2016, an international conference, titled ‘The Influence of Hellenism on Conte,porary Science, Culture, and Education’ has started at TSU. Among its organizers are Tomsk Pedagogical State University, Tomsk State University, Institute of Philosophy (Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow), and the Olympic Centre for Philosophy and Culture.
Issues put forward for discussion:
- Hellenism: the concept and major stages of development
- The influence of Greek political and legal thought on world politics, law, and culture
- Classical ideas and contemporary science
- The implications of Greek ideas about upbringing and education for today
- The Byzantine tradition and Christianity in the contemporary world
- Hellenism and modern art
- The Greek language: issues of preservation and development: past and present
Please see more details in the conference’s programme available here (in Russian).