XII Congress of anthropologists and ethnologists of Russia
On July 3-6, 2017, in the city of Izhevsk, the XII Congress of anthropologists and ethnologists of Russia organized by the Association of anthropologists and ethnologists of Russia is to be held jointly by Udmurtiya Institute of History, Language and Literature (Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences), Udmurtiya State University and Institute of Ethnology and Anthropology (Moscow).
The Congress’s overarching theme will be as follows: ‘The mission of ethnology: scientific traditions and contemporary challenges’.
It will explore a broad spectrum of research areas such as:
- Historiographical traditions in ethnology
- Interdisciplinary links of ethnology
- Ethnological education
- Social tasks of ethnology
- Monitoring interethnic relations
- Ethnic environment: integration and opposition
- Methods of researching ethnic and cultural interactions
- Religions, interreligious relations and ethno-confessional processes within Russia’s spiritual space
- Migrants, diasporas, ethnic minorities
- One’s own, the Other and the alien: problems of representation in ethnic cultures
- Images of peoples and territories
- Eurasian integration
- Physical anthropology
The list of the topics put forward for discussion may be extended.
Applications for any sessions, roundtable discussions or symposia are accepted till September 15th, 2016.
Please see more info here (in Russian).