The influence of Hellenism on modern science, culture and education
Within the framework of the 2016 cross-cultural Greece-Russia Year, an international interdisciplinary conference ‘The influence of Hellenism on modern science, culture and education’ will be held on October 5-8, 2016. Among organizers are Tomsk State Pedagogical University, Tomsk State University, Institute of Philosophy of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Olympic Centre of Philosophy and Culture and others.
Questions put forward for discussion:
- Hellenism: a concept and major stages of development
- Impact of Greek political and legal thought on world politics, law and culture
- Classical ideas and modern science
- Influence of Greek upbringing and education ideals on contemporary life
- Byzantine tradition and Christianity in the modern world
- Hellenism and contemporary art
- The Greek language: issues of preservation and development: past and present
Deadline for applications including an abstract of 300 to 500 words is July 1st, 2016. More information can be found in the call for papers here (in Russian).