International Conference "Construction and deconstruction of the 1917 Revolution memory in contemporary Russia"
Université Grenoble Alpes (France), Institut des Langues et Cultures d’Europe, Amérique, Afrique, Asie et Australie (ILCEA4) are pleased to announce International Conference, themed “Construction and deconstruction of the 1917 Revolution memory in contemporary Russia” to be held on October 26-27, 2017. In this conference, the point will be to review the memory/memories of the revolutionary moment of 1917 kept and (re)constructed by Russian contemporary society.
The proposed papers could come under five major themes:
- The Revolution of 1917 in contemporary political and historiographic speech.
- The militant representations of the Revolution and their inscription in urban space.
- The artistic representations of the 1917 revolution.
- The representations of the 1917 Revolution in Russian contemporary literature.
- The representations of the 1917 Revolution in Youth Literature.
The propositions for papers, approximately 5000 signs long, shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 1st of June 2016. They shall come with a biographical notice of the author. The managing committed shall inform the authors of the selection result on the 22nd of June 2016.
Working languages: French, English and Russian.
More information can be found here.