International research conference “Man in a Changing World"
The call for papers for the international research conference “Man in a Changing World. Identity and Social Adaptation in History and Modernity: Methodology, Methods, and Practices of Research”, to be held on October 14-15, 2014, in Tomsk, is now closed. Based on the selection results, a conference programme and a list of participants have been defined. In total, around 185 applications were received, 156 of them accepted. The geography of participation is wide and includes Russian regions of Tomsk, Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Novosibirsk, Omsk, Irkutsk, Yekaterinburg, Arkhangelsk, Kaliningrad, etc., as well as foreign countries of the UK, Italy, Germany, Poland, Belgium, Sweden, Belarus and other.
The conference will be carried out within the following sessions:
- Contemporary Identities and Lifestyle of Native Minorities of the North.
- Multiculturalism: the Right to Difference or Absolutization of Culture?
- Migrants and Hosting Societies.
- City: Practices, Relationships, Emotions.
- Siberian Regional Identity: Past and Present.
- Identification Practices in Science and Education.
- Human Behavior: Evolutionary and Cross-Cultural Aspects.
- Applied Anthropological Research.
- European Identity in the Context of Transformation of the European Political Space: Institutions, Groups, People.
- Identities of Russia and East Asia: a Eurasian Heritage?
- Archaeological Heritage in the Context of Regional and Ethnic Identity.
- Migrants in Siberian Migrant Society: Strategies and Practices of Integration.
- Russian, Soviet, Russian National: Historical Transformations of Russian Identity.
The conference will be concluded with the roundtable discussion on the topic of “The concept of identity in anthropologicabgl, social and political research: general and specific approaches”.
For more information, please see the information letter.