Research Conference “Visual Anthropology: Integral Models of Communications”
September 18 - 19, 2014, at Tomsk State Pedagogical University with the support of the Russian Humanitarian Scientific Foundation the first All-Russian Research Conference “Visual Anthropology: Integral Models of Communications” will take place.
The conference aims to provide philosophical, scientific and humanitarian analysis of visual measurements of socio-cultural communication.
Topics suggested for discussion:
- Image in the socio-cultural communication: specifics and functions.
- Image and picture: conceptual demarcation from a praxeological perspective.
- Visual image as a communicative sign.
- Nonverbal forms of socio-cultural communication.
- Visual markers of cultural, ethnic, social and ideological identity.
- Visual anthropology as ethnographic strategy.
- Forms and functions of visualization in science, education, information and political communication.
- Area image management.
- Urban space as a system of visual cultural and historical markers.
- Visual image in public activities and holidays.
- Visual and media.
- Cyber art, etc.
Conference presentations will be published in a special issue of the journal “ΠΡΑΞΗΜΑ. Problems of Visual Semiotics”. Guidelines on formatting a conference presentation and participation can be found in the information letter.